Plan Your Visit
THE MUSEUM IS OPEN
The museum is open from Tuesday to Sunday from 8.15 am to 7.15 pm. Weekly closing on Monday, for the whole day.
You can download the attached museum map in pdf format.
As we cannot provide paper material due to the current safety measures, we suggest that you print the map and bring it with you for your visit.
DISCOVER THE GALLERIE ONLINE
The Collection page displays about 400 of the works in the Gallerie.
The Artwork temporarily not on view page makes it possible to check whether a painting is currently on display at the Gallerie.
The Gallerie dell’Accademia is accessible to mobility-impaired persons via the barrier-free entrance located at the right-hand side of the museum. The premises are equipped with lifts to access the first floor and lifting platforms between halls. Due to ongoing renovation work, at present the first floor is partly inaccessible. However, visitors can use the lift to reach halls XIX, XX, XXI, XXII, and XXIII.
We are committed to further improving accessibility and usability and plan to make the entire premises fully and freely accessible to all.
If you are a person with a motor disability, please talk to our staff, and we will be happy to suggest the best way to get around the exhibition halls.
Monday: Weekly closing for the whole day
Tuesday to Sunday: 8.15 a.m. to 7.15 p.m.
Closing operations start from the Palladian wing on the ground floor 30 minutes before closing time.
The ticket desks close at 1 p.m. on Monday and at 6.15 p.m. from Tuesday to Sunday.
The museum is completely closed on the following dates:
1 January, 25 December
The museum is committed to offering visitors the longest possible opening hours, in compliance with the provisions regulating the opening, security, and safety at Italian state museums and cultural facilities, as specified in Ministerial Decree no. 330 dated 30 June 2016. The current staffing shortfall is expected to be remedied once national recruitment procedures have been completed.
EU visitors aged 18-25: €2.00
Under 18s and 18APP visitors: free entry
Ticket prices may vary for temporary exhibitions and events.
CALL US TO BOOK YOUR VISIT AND BUY YOUR TICKETS
Toll free number (Italy only): 800 150 666
From outside Italy: +39 041 524 3354
From Tuesday to Sunday, 9 am - 6 pm
Payment by credit card or bank transfer.
Payment by credit card.
If you need information on how to buy tickets or if you encounter technical problems, please send us an email at email@example.com
Groups visiting the museum must be composed - according to the law - by:
max 30 students - teachers included - per class
max 25 people for other visitors' groups
GROUPS DURING COVID19 HEALTHCARE EMERGENCY
Group visits terms are temporarily subject to changes
GROUP VISITS ON MONDAY MORNINGS
Groups of 10 people max. coming with a guide can visit the museum on Monday mornings, from 8.15 to 14. Booking is mandatory.
From Monday, July 13th, 2020, the museum will be open also on Monday mornings, exclusively for group already equipped with a guide, from 8.15 to 14. Please note that booking for the visit is mandatory, and that groups must be 10 people max., guide excluded.
We inform you that visits must follow these rules:
• booking is mandatory and must be done not later than the Friday preceding the visit. CLICK HERE FOR BOOKING
• groups must be 10 people max., guide excluded
• groups must come with their own guide. The museum does not provide guides.
• groups must purchase at least 6 full price tickets (12€ each): ticket discounts are regularly applied, yet it is necessary to purchase at least 6 full price tickets (for example: in a group of 10 people, some of which eligible for discounts or free entrance, at least 6 people will pay full price, while the remaining four can benefit from the discounted or free tickets)
• Each visit must not be longer than 90 minutes
• Groups must show up at the scheduled time in front of the “Gothic door”, on the left of the main entrance of the museum
• Visits are scheduled for the following hours: 8.15; 8.45; 9.15; 9.45; 10.15; 10.45; 11.15; 11.45; 12.15; 12.45
• it is mandatory to keep social distancing and to always wear face masks in the museum rooms
• groups are allowed to stay in the following rooms: I; II; III; VI; VIII; X; XI; XVIII; XX; XXI; XXIII; XXIV on the first floor, and in rooms 7 and 13 on the ground floor; while they can only pass through rooms IV; V; VII; IX; XIX; XXII on the first floor and through rooms 7; 8; 9; 10; 11 and 12 on the ground floor.
The premises are equipped with a lift to access the first floor.
Visitors are required to leave any umbrellas, sizeable bags, and rucksacks at the cloakroom near the ticket desks. Coin-operated lockers are available to store valuable items.
The service is offered free of charge; the €1 coin required to lock the compartment is returned when users retrieve their belongings.
Restrooms are located on the ground floor and are wheelchair-accessible and barrier-free.
Available in Italian, English, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish.
A bookshop located near the entrance offers publications on museums (monographs, guides, excerpts) as well as specialised resources, especially on Venetian art.
A second bookshop is open during temporary exhibitions.
The bookshop is open during museum hours.
Campo della Carità, Dorsoduro 1050, 30123 Venice, Italy
The Gallerie dell’Accademia is located along the Grand Canal opposite the Accademia bridge, across from the Accademia vaporetto stop.
It is a 20-minute stroll from both Piazzale Roma and Venezia-Santa Lucia railway station.
From Piazzale Roma/Railway Station
Take Line 1 or 2 vaporetto, Lido bound, and get off at the Accademia stop.
From Saint Mark’s Square
Take the Line 1 or 2 vaporetto, Piazzale Roma bound, and get off at the Accademia stop.
For more information on Venice’s public transport by vaporetto, including fares and points of sale, please visit: www.actv.it